Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Sick and tired of sick kids.
It all started last Thursday early in the morning when Gracie puked at 3:30 in the morning then all day she just layed around, by Friday night sh was fine. Then Friday night around 11:15 it was Sara-Jane's turn, we had to change her sheets give her a bath and wash her blanket(which she hates) and we didn't get to bed until an hour or so later. Then every two hours she was up. Then we thought she was all better by the morning because she got up and played, the after her nap that day she woke up with a fever and has had on ever since, back to her in a minute. Then Saturday Benjamin says his stomach hurts so I told him to just lay down and relax, so it came his turn around noon to be friends with the toilet. We were very lucky this little puke party we were having only lasted between 8-12 hours and they only did it once. So back to Sara-Jane she has been laying around the house with a fever, I took her to the Doctors on Monday and she said everything checked out fine and gave us some medicine for her upset stomach. Well today(Wednesday) I took her back still with her fever and she has ear infections, so we went home with more medicine, she mostly sits on my lap and whimpers and watches Diego, or Dora. If I'm lucky she will let me put her down so I can go to the bathroom but I usually end up taking her with me. So I get things done when she is napping or in bed for the night. Tonight we gave her some Motrin and less than a minute later she pukes, she ask right away to take a bath and told me her blankie was yuckie. So for the second time today she has had her blanket washed, and it has been washed 4 times in 6 days. I'm hoping the ear medicine helps her fell better, I'm really tired of packing a 28 pound 2 year old all day and just sitting in my chair watching cartoons. I forgot to mention that Jack still hasn't puked, he just has a slight cold, thank goodness for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds like my house. Thankfully I only have one left who has not puked. Unfortunately if he gets it he will be the worst, especially if it gets on his fluvie. I'm crossing my fingers we make it through the night with out having to get up. Good luck. Hope everyone gets well soon. You are right it is only lasting like 8 hours. Thank goodness.
wow! i feel for you! i hope everyone is better soon and no adults get it! cruise pics look like you had fun. i thought there would be more for us to see!
Oh Kendra,
I am so sorry they are sick. That is definately the worst (and grossest) part of parenting. I hope they feel better soon. Khalei got it Sat. and threw up twice. (luckily Tye was home with he rand I wasn't), but she has had a cough since. I just don't get it. I wish it would all go away. Wishing you a restful nights sleep for the whole family. :)
Post a Comment