Friday, February 22, 2008

Our sick weeks

It's been a while since I posted anything, we've all been sick around here. I took three of the four kids to the Doctor last week and Benjamin had double ear infections and needed medicine for his breathing machine. Jack was the one not sick. Gracie had doudle ear infections on top of a cold, and Sara-Jane just had a bad cold. And while all of this is going on I was feeling sick and had a fever, and then I had almost one whole day that I felt good and but that evening I got a lovely cold, I had no voice for three days. I still have a cold, I think I'm almost over it. Jack asked me this morning when I was going to get all better. He was very concerned that I was still sick. I think when your the Mom and taking care of everyone else your sickness last a little longer.
Michael started feeling sick yesturday and went to lay down, he got up for a few hours, then went back to bed and has been there ever since. I'm sorry if this affends anyone, but when men get sick they are such SISSY'S. The whole world is ending when their sick. It must be nice to be them when you get sick, because they can just go lay down whenever they want and sleep for as long as they want. I think my cold is still lingering because I can't go lay down and sleep for hours on end. Michael had been asleep going on about 13 hours now. Okoy, I'm done complainig.

4 comments:

Carianne said...

It is so true. When I got food poisoning and was pregnant with the twins I couldn't lay down. Nope I was still running kids all over and would have to pull the car over to puke and then get back in the car and go again. I still had to clean and cook for everyone. There was no resting for me. But a few months later Jared got food poisoning and he stayed in bed for almost two days. He couldn't even go downstairs to bring a baby up for me. I was so mad. To top it off he had the nerve to ask me for some homemade chicken noodle soup. Don't worry I didn't do it. I laughed and then slammed my bedroom door. I just don't get how they can do it. So not fair.

Williams Family Dirt said...

I know exactly what you are saying...the whole world stops when men get sick. We have to keep on keeping on, and that truly isn't fair.

Pollock Palooza said...

What is with your kids and ear infections!!! It must be the Phillips gene! :) Luky for me our kids are currently sporting the Pollock gene :)

Momma J said...

oh how i feel your pain kendra. the phillips gene in our kids are shining through right now too =) the amoxicillin that they gave zeke last week for his double infection isn't working so back we go to the dr