Wednesday, May 20, 2009
24 hour hospital stay
On Monday I took Charlotte in for her first doctors visit, everything was fine except that she was very yellow, so we went for some blood work and a few hours later we got a phone call and were headed for Memorial Hospital so she could go under the lights for 24 hours. It was really rough, we had to share a room with another family who was there for the same reason, I couldn't hold her the whole time, I had to pump and feed her with a bottle, and I had a chair to sleep in. We got home last night around 8:30. I took her in this morning and the doctor says she look great. Here is a picture of her at the hospital. Her left arm that is taped up had an IV in it. Poor girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
It's not a baby unless you guys have some kind of extended stay @ the hospital. At least she looks cool gettin her baby tan:)
Poor thing. Why didn't you call me to help you. You know the girls can always come over to play. The boys might get bored, but they could come too. :o) Please call me if you need anything. Even a diet soda! LOL
Poor Baby!!! I'm so glad she's doing better. Please let me know if I can do anything. Sorry for not following up with you , we got hit with the flu and I have a horrible eye infection.
awwww. poor thing. glad to hear she is better. and it does look like she is at the tanning salon.
Poor Baby Girl! Trevor was in a phototherapy bed at home for almost the first 14 days of his life. It was horrible, he had to go in every 2 days for blood his poor arms were black and blue. I finally said enough and told the lady to poke his stinkin foot. She asked when I was taking him to the pediatrician (because my doctor checks the foot) his appt was far enough away that she did it. It was low enough and so we said goodbye to the phototherapy bed. What were her values? Trevor's numbers were in the high teens so hers had to be in the twenties? Just curious. Glad she is home now and healthy. It is hard to see your babies hooked up to monitors and wires.
her number was 22, pretty high. When we left 24 hours later it was 10. She is doing great.
Post a Comment