Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1st Day of School

I didn't take any pictures. Jack is now in 1st grade. We met his teacher and he got his little name tag and was excited to get to play on the big playground with Benjamin. Last night after his shower he said he had a fun day and couldn't wait to go back, he never said that in Kindergarten. Benjamin is in 3rd grade and didn't want to go, when they were eating breakfast he started crying and at the same time trying to hold it in. When we got to school he went into the classroom met the teacher and when I told him I was leaving he stood outside the classroom and wouldn't go back in. He never did that in 2nd grade. So I left him upset standing outside of his class. This year they both get out at 2:15, it will be nice to only go down to the school once.

1 comment:

Powers Fam said...

I would love to get together with you guys when you come to the beach. All of our family is still in Bakersfield so we love it when we get company. We are usually the ones doing the traveling bc Cliff never gets weekends off...all in good time right? Also, I don't think his office is going to 3-12s which is kind of a bummer bc I would love to have a 3 days on/4 days off sort of schedule.

Can't wait to see those first day school pics! I love that I am not going back to school again this year but miss seeing the kids in their first day duds. :)