Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You won't believe what I did.

I was getting out of the car to pick up Jack from school and when I got out of the car I some how shut my finger completely in the door. It hurt so bad, I tried to shake off the pain, but it was way to bad. So I started crying. I'm walking up to the school with the girls, SJ is looking at me funny and Gracie didn't know what happened. Two of my good friends, Liana and Susie were waiting for there kids and I walked up to them and showed them my finger, I couldn't even talk because I was crying, I told them what had just happened and Susie ran and got me an ice pack and Liana helped me with the girls, she drove us all home. We(Liana) called Michael and he didn't answer his phone, so then we(Liana again) called my Mom and she came over and took me to the Urgent Care. I couldn't have driven I was in so much pain. Michael stayed with the kids. I got some X-Rays, no broken bones, but the nail was filled with blood and so without numbing me they stuck a needle in my finger nail to drain the blood, again I started crying, I think it was the worst pain I've ever felt. About 10 minutes before the needle they had come in and given me 2 Vicodin for the pain and they didn't work. I thought that stuff was suppose to be strong, now I know not to take it again it doesn't work for me. So my finger is in a little splint for a few days so I don't bump it, and then I will be waiting for my finger nail to fall off, so that is what everyone is telling me.

7 comments:

Karrie said...

gross! i hate looking at missing nails- it's so unnatural. I think it's funny that you don't do drugs while in labor/birthing, but you cried for your finger. I'm the same way.

Carianne said...

OWWWW! I am so sorry. I have shut mine and my kids' fingers in the door before. The pain is different from labor cause your aren't getting a cute little person out of it...just a missing finger nail. LOL I so do drugs for everything but labor too. I cry more when I get hurt than in labor also. Funny how we women work. I am glad Liana was there to your rescue.

Liana T Mangisi said...

Yes it's me! The Super Friend! On the serious note...I think you handled it all very well. I would be balling my eyes out! You were very brave through it all. Glad I was there to help...Since you always help me! Hey, what are friends for?

Williams Family Dirt said...

Ouch, hope your feeling better!

Brooke said...

OUCH!!!!! You looked like you were doing well last night...what a trooper!!! That sounds soooo painful!!! I hope you recover fully quickly.

Pollock Palooza said...

Love the "cheese"! She is so funny! And ouchie on your finger! I can't believe Michael didn't answer his phone!

Ben said...

so i guess with a broken finger u wont be posting for a while... ya, i did that at mcdonalds once when i was a kid. ouch! i had to sit on the counter and they gave us some ice water for my finger. not a good memory, but im sure its not so bad when u have smaller fingers